The courses being offered at ASKI Global are designed to aid migrant workers get into action to realise their dreams. Recognising that the main motivation of overseas workers is to provide a more physically comfortable and financially sustainable life for their families, training modules are customised based on their dreams, wants and aspirations.
Our academic programmes are co-developed with the National University of Singapore.
The Basic Entrepreneurship programme of ASKI Global Limited is composed of various modules that would help migrant workers become real entrepreneurs. The 11 modules are designed to aid the students in recognising what their passions are as well as make them become masters of their own businesses.
Tuition fees for our Basic Entrepreneurship is S$100, and we have schedules for 1) every Sunday; 2) alternate (1st & 3rd) Sundays; and 3) alternate (2nd & 4th) Sundays
The training aims to harness the potentials and unleash the entrepreneurial spirit within and among the migrant workers and their families so they become real entrepreneurs.
Topics would include:
- Crafting a personal vision, mission and objectives;
- Understanding entrepreneurship as a career and lifestyle option;
- Identifying real business opportunities in their home countries;
- Integrating into their dream businesses a social enterprise cause(s);
- Setting up sustainable enterprises in their home countries.
- Are you or can you become an entrepreneur?
- Entrepreneurs - born or made?
- Creating our own personal vision
- Managing your own (as well as family) finances
- Spotting business opportunities
- Analysing the location of your business and knowing your customers
- Product/service development
- Operating the business
- Manpower development
- Financial management
- Business plan preparation and recital
The training programme will help migrant workers understand that overseas employment is temporary. Setting up a sustainable business is a good fall-back once the worker's contract expires.
A 15-minute oral defence of the students' (proposed or actual) business plans. Participants must be able to present and defend their entrepreneurial ideas, including budgetary requirements, to the panellists, which compose of ASKI Global management and Board of Directors and student-interns.
Financial Assistance Programme
After undergoing the recital session, participants who would like to set up a business in the Philippines but lack the financial capital will be linked to microfinance institutions in their home countries. A loan officer in the Philippines will be assigned to the migrant workers’ business to monitor its progress. Find out more about our financial assistance programme here.
A 7-module training course designed to achieve the outcomes of:
- Ability to take control of one's own finances,
- Choosing monetary goals, and
- Developing a financial plan.
At the end of the 4-day programme, the participants are expected to be equipped with the following skills:
- Financial Understanding: Understand finance and women's personal relationships with money. (ShEconomics)
- Financial Competence: Develop skills on analysing the uses and power of certain financial products as well as an awareness of the risks associated with some financial products and services. (MONEYMathics)
- Financial Responsibility: Equip with the ability to make personal choices about financial issues. (Increasing the FEW - Financially Empowered Women)
Tuition fees for our Financial Education programme is S$100, and we have schedules for 1) alternate (1st & 3rd) Sunday; and 2) alternate (2nd & 4th) Sunday.
Classes are held on alternate Sundays (twice-a-month). A variety of teaching and highly interactive methodology is adopted, i.e. a combination of lectures, case-let analyses, PowerPoint presentations, structured learning exercises, games and videos. Experts from international banks, academic institutions and private companies are tapped as resource persons.
- Financial goals and uses of money
- Budgeting and planning
- Value of savings
- Credit management
- Insurance: client protection programme
- Financial freedom or failure?
Submission of Financial Plan
Each student will be required to submit a 5-year financial plan at the end of their course. Participants must be able to explicitly explain their saving and spending plans including possible investment strategies that they wish to embark on.
Financial Assistance Programme
After completing the course, the participants who would like to invest their money in various financial products and/or services for themselves and/or their families will be able to do so through our mother organisation in the Philippines.
Back-to-Back Training of Families
As a financial inclusion strategy, the migrant workers' families will be trained on the same course so that they, too, can have access to financial products and services in the Philippines. A one-day compressed financial literacy programme will be conducted for nominated family members.
A 7-lesson training course designed to dive deeper into topics related to financial products and services. At the end of the 6-day programme, the participants will have a better understanding of the financial instruments that they can look into and invest, in order to make their passive income grow faster in a shorter span of time.
Tuition fees for our Advanced Financial Education programme is S$100, and we have schedules for 1) alternate (1st & 3rd) Sunday; and 2) alternate (2nd & 4th) Sunday.
Classes are held on alternate Sundays (twice-a-month). Experts from international banks, academic institutions and private companies are tapped as resource persons.
- Personal finance
- Our behaviour and financial thinking
- Cash and liquid assets
- Credit products & debt management
- Investment funds
- The stock market
Each student will be required to undergo a digital examination on WISE UP, our mobile application, at the end of their course. At each level, participants will have to answer questions related to the lessons covered in the course.
Financial Assistance Programme
After completing the digital examination, the participants who would like to invest their money in various financial products and/or services for themselves and/or their families will be able to do so through our mother organisation in the Philippines.
A 5-day programme designed to mould migrant workers as well-rounded and well-grounded individuals. The modules were co-developed with students from the National University of Singapore under the University Scholar's Programme.
- Knowing your personality type; understanding personal differences
- Verbal and non-verbal communication techniques
- Tips on public speaking and technical writing
A recital session will be conducted at the end of the programme. Participants will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Confidence and eloquence in public speaking;
- Ability to engage potential business investors to listen to his/her ideas, and
- Personality projection
A simulated business investors' forum will be set up to determine the improvement in each participant's personality and communication styles.
Tuition fees for our Personality Development & Communication programme is S$125, and classes will run for alternate (2nd & 4th) Sundays.
Ready to be an ASKIan?
Spending Sundays with ASKI Global is the first step to achieving what you have dreamed about, planned for and are excited about. We will help you in your journey towards becoming a financial empowered overseas worker and eventually, your own boss!